Monday, May 11, 2009

Broken Yolk (Corvallis,OR)

Yee-Haa (South of the border) Skillet

Spanish Omelette
Pancakes with strawberries and blueberries

Purple Cow
We first went to this restaurant about a year ago and instantly fell in love with it-who wouldn't!We went there again this saturday and this is what we had:
The Hubby-(the usual)Spanish Omelet
The Brat- Pancakes with strawberries,blueberries and fresh cream.
Me-I decided to try the Yee-Haa (the name sounded so interesting).
To drink we decided to share the Purple Cow between the three of us-no,we aren't cheap.It's just that we can never finish our orders whenever we order something to drink individually. The Purple Cow is grape juice(that's why 'purple') and had two scoops of ice cream,and was quite nice.
The brunch on the whole was great-we managed to finish almost everything. The brat picked and ate only the fruits,so we had to pack the pancakes and take it home.They have a homemade strawberry jam which was really awesome.
Broken Yolk: http://www.broken-yolk.com/index.html

16 comments:

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Pictures are making me mouthwatering. Nice clicks

Dana Fallentine said...

I love the Broken Yolk! We have one just down the street. Yummy breakfasts!

Kathy said...

Oh, how I love breakfast food! Thanks for visiting us today at Three on Food!!! Come back anytime! :o)

Vikis Kitchen said...

Delicious post. I love the pan cakes.

Heather S-G said...

Yummy. I love that first breakfast and would love it right now!

theUngourmet said...

I would choose the south of the border skillet. Yum!

I found that yogurt at Fred Meyer finally. It was a little tough to find. I wonder if they sell it at Whole Foods???

If you go to their website and click on stores and enter your zip they will have a list.

Dewi said...

Broken yolk, sounded so good. Purple Cow, even better. Yummy!

phanitha said...

wholesome brunch...

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

Thanks guys :)

Donna-FFW said...

South of the border skillet would be for me.. but I would have a hard time deciding. Great photos.

Ann said...

pancakes looks inviting!

chow and chatter said...

Americas are great at breakfasts and pancakes !

EMC said...

That yee ha is enough to make me salivate. I've been to Corvallis a few times and I never went to the Broken Yolk. I'm really disappointed I didn't!

My Taste Heaven said...

wow...these really make me hungry~~

Duchess of Tea said...

Hello darling, I just stumpled on your blog and now I can't leave. Everything sounds so delicious. Thanks for sharing. I just signed up as a follower.

Duchess xx

Unknown said...

I must have stumbled into the Alternate Universe version of The Broken Yolk, because the first time I went, the food was bad (hash browns still frozen in the middle, terrible burned coffee) and the service was dreadful (surly waitress). The second time I went, I walked in the door and the "greeter" (I use the term loosely) stood with crossed arms and her back to the patrons coming in and proceeded to ignore me and everyone else until I asked her if there was a waiting list and how long was the wait, please? She grunted as response to me without any attempt at eye contact and so I left. No way was I going to be treated like that on top of waiting 25 minutes to be seated. A restaurant's staff is supposed to make patrons feel WELCOME.

Fail.